Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday, 11/26/09

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, I hope you had a wonderful one and spent it with loved ones.

I talked to Eric tonight and they are VERY busy....getting ready to leave the orphanage at 7am tomorrow for the airport and their 3 flights from Haiti to Miami, from Miami to Dallas and from Dallas to Phoenix. They don't get home until 10pm, so they will be TIRED....

They had a wonderful Thanksgiving. They cooked a "real" Thanksgiving meal, with turkey, stuffing, cranberries, etc. and instead of the staff serving it, the mission team served the nannies, the orphanage staff and all the kids. They brought a bunch of tables outside and they all sat down together.

They were very grateful and everyone had a wonderful time.

The team and staff were all sad when it was time to leave. I heard there were even some tears shed.

I know that they appreciate it so much when Parkway and friends come down there and I also know how much the team loves helping them and that there are definitely bonds being made.

Personally, I cannot wait to see my husband and daughter and hear all the stories and see the pictures and videos they took.

I will post some of them this weekend.

Please continue to pray for safe travels home for all.

Thanks for following their journey....

No comments: