Thursday, November 19, 2009

They have arrived!!!!!/Thursday 11/19

(I have no idea why the font is so big...so forgive me and I hope it doesn't make you dizzy reading!!!!)

This is from Helayna, my 13 yr old. I asked her to send me details of what they do every day and she sure did that!

It sounds like everyone is doing well, having a good time and the "real" work begins tomorrow. They are building a new kitchen for them, so I'm sure they will have their work cut out for them!
And fyi, "Sebastian" is the 8 month old that we are in the process of adopting.
So, here are the events from today:




Hi Mom!
So here it is from the beginning...

We stayed at the hotel in Miami last night. We woke up at 3:30 am to get ready and were downstairs by 4.We went through security and everything and got on the plane at 615, but all the computers shut down so we didn't take off till 7ish.
We got to Haiti and it wasn't too crazy. I heard people singing and playing music as soon as we got into the airport. We got all of our bags and met "Big", who took us to the guest house. We had to wait like 30 minutes outside for the vans to come because they thought we were coming tomorrow! So we waited in the hot, humid weather for a while then piled into the van with no ac! haha!
We drove for a while and it felt so unreal to be here! When we got to the guest house it was a lot cooler inside. So we cooled off, fixed our hair and everything, we had lunch (ham and cheese sandwiches) and went back out to the Orphanage.
We got there in the middle of nap time so all the kids were asleep. We got introduced to everybody that works there and then we headed upstairs to the baby room. I saw Sebastian sitting in the middle of the floor and i sat in there for half the time playing with him and the other babies. He was like eating my shirt! haha! lots of drool.
So we played for a while, then decided to take the babies down stairs and outside to play. I met a little girl, Sara and she was stuck to me for the rest of the time we were there.She gave me a new name, "Golena" haha!
Then dad came up and said it was time to leave and they all started crying. Sara pulled my neck down and gave me a kiss:) So we made a run for it and went back downstairs to say bye to the older kids. Then we took a short drive back to the guest house and and we all laid down and napped for 30 min.
Then we had dinner... Goat meat, rice and beans, salad, bread, some veggie thing, fried okra, and instant pudding.
Then we went upstairs to take showers and the shower was like a stream of water the size of a pin... So you kinda have to hold your head in one place for a while to get it wet. But we got clean. and that's all we did:)

Helayna♥

I will try to send pics in another email the internet is very slow.


2 comments:

Christen said...

Heleyna did a great job of describing the day!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Lena Just Lena said...

Great update Helayna!! Michele, your daughter rocks.