Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In Miami

I just talked to Eric and Helayna and they arrived safely in Miami tonight. They had planned on spending the night at the gate in the airport since they leave really early tomorrow morning, but it turned out that they had to get hotel rooms. (mostly because of me!!!!)
Helayna's carry on suitcase was too big and they made her check it, so once she got the bag in Miami, they wouldn't let them back through security! So, they had no choice but to get hotel rooms. Which, in my opinion, isn't such a bad thing. Much better to get a good night's sleep in a bed, than try and sleep in a chair.
So, other than spending the $$ for the rooms, I think it worked out just fine.
Everyone is fine, and when I spoke to them at about 9pm, they were ready for bed after 2 plane rides and about 12 hours of travel, with 3 or so more to go...
They will arrive in Haiti tomorrow around 9am, so I am hoping for pictures and I can't wait to hear about what their day is like. I will pass on whatever info. I get.
Until then....

2 comments:

Missy said...

so excited for Helayna to meet her baby brother :)

Tracey said...

I am glad all went well to Miami. I can't wait for Helayna to meet her brother. Don't forget to update for today, I am anxiously waiting to hear. I am so proud of Helayna.