Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Monday, October 15, 2007

Today we worked at the O all day. I mostly worked on fixing their toilet piping in the clinic, we had to break up the concrete and put new pipe in, that took about 7 hours to do, jeff and mostly leo helped me. Joe and the other guys ran conduit to all of the fixtures in the clinic. We stayed back while the girls went to lunch. They were late getting back so I made a rule that we all need to be together or at least half the guys with the girls.

Joe, Leo and a new guy Steve went to the market which sounded a lot like the one in Vietnam. Very crowded!

The one thing here is that we are looked at everywhere we go, not in a bad or unsafe way at all ,just looked at. Plus they call out Blah blah, which means white in Creole.

All of the kids were back in the schools today which is on the property of the O and next to the clinic, in fact the school is so small they have 2 classes in the clinic. The kids all wore prefectly clean and pressed uniforms and there are very well behaved, but I would think so because they hit them with a ruler if they get out of line. It is funny to watch.

When we first got there this morning we prayed and we heard singing up stairs in the nursery. It was the nannies singing praise songs and praying with the kids.

I also rode on the back of a Tap Tap wich is like their public transportation. Me Jeff and Tim (the doc) hung off the back it was so much fun. We were thinking of asking glen if we could film the PCC drive for the back of it.

Tomorrow is Mother Teresas and they don't allow and cameras, but I will try to sneak a few pics. It is supposed to be rows and rows of kids, mostly dying. I think it will be very emotional for everyone. We are going there because they are so short staffed they do not have anough help to even feed all the babies personally everyday amd a lot of them can't even hold their bottle. Very sad!!!

I led devotional for the second time tonight and God has been giving me great verses to read and the right words to say, it has been great and an honor to do that for Him.

Ok got to go to bed, tell the girls I miis them.

I will see you soon and I miss you very much!
love,
me

No comments: