Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 6

Day 6 (last day, but I'll be back hopefully very soon to continue my work)


Today Kevin and I went to look at land for us and also talk to the Landlord. We saw a huge plot of land (I would guess 50+ Acres) in Croix-des-Bouquets (Wycleff's home town), and it would be perfect for us. It is flat with great soil, water, city power and about 8 Km from the airport. It is in the same city as Love a Child. I could see us there and then we could also farm and grow our own food and be really self sufficient. The drawback is that it is not close to where we are now (about 17 km from current location), but if we started with the staff housing, school and a clinic I think we would retain our staff, but we would have to get new school kids. He is asking about $250k USD but I am sure we can get him down, hopefully a lot!

I also met with Mr. Flambert, and let him know the building is not livable. He wants his engineer to look at it and he will email me the cost next week. I also let him know that we won't pay what we were in rent since we no longer can live in the orphanage and that we are running a FREE clinic for the community, I said a couple hundred; he will also let me know. I know what he is doing is a tactic but let's see what he comes back with. I did tell him we were looking at other areas also, so I do believe we have the leverage. The land behind us is not for sale. He did show me some off of Delmas 48 that was at least twice the size of ours and it is an empty lot. It does slop so we would need to fill but it would keep us in the area, he will also get back to me next week on the cost.


When I get back to the states I will send video and pictures of both. We could also keep looking around I am sure that the area will have many lots for sale we just need to really get a real estate agent who knows the area to help.

Six days goes by very fast and it does stink that I was in FL for 3 days that I could have been here if MFI had more planes, so it is with a heavy heart that I am leaving but Andrise did say she will pray for me to come back very soon!

--
Regards -

Eric Schweig
Three Angels Children's Relief
Delmas 91, #19
Petionville, Haiti
USA Phone: 602-697-3052
Haiti Phone: 34525051 or 38561574
eric@threeangelshaiti.org
www.threeangelshaiti.org

2 comments:

Manna For Haiti Christian Mission said...

Great posting! We will be praying for you







http://www.mannaforhaiti.com
http://www.mfhcm.org

Manna For Haiti Christian Mission said...

Keep up with the good news about Haiti! Love to see you helping the Haitian people!