Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, the missionaries all got home safely, after a week long of working hard, sweating, loving kids and serving the Lord in Haiti.
As a family member, I am so proud of my husband and all the people that went along and feel so blessed to be a part of this journey.
I know how grateful the orphanage and school are for Parkway and I can only imagine the impact that the kids have felt from all the time and love spent on them. As an adoptive parent myself, I know how important it is for the kids to feel special and loved while they are living at the orphanage, before going home to their families. The nannies that take care of them do the best they can, but they can never replace the love of a family and only have so much to give each child since there are so few of them and so many kids. So, when people are there, paying attention to them, loving them, playing with them, I know they are feeling the love of Jesus. And I think it's something they'll take with them forever.
So, this is the end of this mission trip, but I know there will be many many more. These people need our help and we are so thankful that God brought us to them. We are excited to see where this will lead in the future.
Thank you for all your prayers and support.
We will be posting some pictures in the next few days, as Eric gets settled.
Love,
Michele

No comments: